"There's no such thing as a solitary Christian."

John Wesley, founder of the Methodist Church

Monday, July 25, 2016

July 25, 2016 Devotion: Showing Strength

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that they hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you, 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey you also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now the have no excuse for their sin. Whoever hates me, hates my father as well. If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law, 'They hated me without reason.'"
John 15-18-25

"'They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you,' declares the LORD.'"     Jeremiah 1:19

Some people out their are not going to want to accept God into their lives. A few of these some are going to not want anyone to accept God into their lives. They're going to fight against you and challenge you. I personally have had a lot of experience with people fighting my statements because of my belief. I can assure you that it helps to take the advice of yesterday's devotion, know what you're talking about before you go talk about it! But not only do you need to to have knowledge, you also have to have the willpower to stand your ground, and help God stand His ground in your place.

Jesus predicted this moment of hatred towards His disciples in the book of John. If you believe in the "live by example" motto, you need to make sure that you stand your ground. By standing your ground, you can teach your new convert to stand his or her ground alongside of you, or on his or her own. Sometimes these antitheists (people who don't want anyone to believe in Jesus and God) will try to argue your recruit out of their new life-changing decision. You have to help them, and be their shiled. When you come to the Christian faith, it's like becoming a new born. Until this person learns to walk on their own, they have to be protected by the bigger and stronger, let that bigger and stronger be you!

No comments:

Post a Comment